How to Register
The total number of persons in the household, who have spent at least 180 days in the past year, including children, whose income has been added up and divided by the numbers of persons in the household. Applications can be filed during pregnancy or after childbirth. Those who are eligible to apply for the Child Support Grant are pregnant women or the mother of a [newborn] child who is a Thai national. For a child born in and after October 2015, each child will be cared for until the age of 3 (36 months). The child must not be the beneficiary of the social security fund, welfare, other benefits from government agencies, or state enterprises (this does not include receiving occasional financial allowances or disability allowances), and is not under the care of a state agency. The applicant must live in a poor household or a household at risk of poverty, with total household income of less than 3,000 Baht per person per month or less than 36,000 Baht per person per year. This includes the monthly or annual income of all members living in the household whether they are related by blood or marriage or otherwise by law, but does not include those who are employed or have been allowed to stay.
Except in the following cases, instead of the mother of the child filing applications can be filed for children eligible for Thai citizen:
1. In the case of a foreign pregnant woman, foreign mother of a child, or a person who lacks civil registration status.
2. In the case of a mother's death, being in prison, a correctional institution, the removal or abandonment of a child after the birth of a [newborn] child. In such cases then the father of the child, in accordance with the birth certificate, and who has Thai nationality, or a guardian of the child who has Thai nationality can apply for the Child Support Grant as long as a Verifier(s) has completed the DR02 form.
Further explanation is needed in a case where the mother or father of the [newborn] child has a history of paying into the Social Security Fund:
1. The mother or father of the child has social security under Sections 33 and 39 then they are ineligible for this scheme, but if the mother or father of a child is an insured person under Section 40 then they are eligible to apply for the scheme.
2. If the father of the child files the application because the mother of the child is a foreigner with that mother of the child being a migrant worker who is a national of Cambodia, Lao PDR, or Myanmar (excluding temporary migrant workers), who is a registered as an insured person and has passed through the nationality verification process, is working legally, passed the nationality verification process, has a work permit, passport or a certificate of identity, and/or pays money into the Social Security Fund then the father of the [newborn] child is ineligible to register for this scheme.
Supporting Documents for the Application
The supporting documents for the Child Support Grant are as follows:
- Child Support Grant Application Form (DR01)
- Household Status Verification Form (DR02)
- Copy of ID card of the pregnant woman, mother of the child, father of the child, or guardian of the child as the case may be.
- Copy of marriage certificate (if any)
- Copy of the Mother and Child Health Handbook.
- Copy of the birth certificate (submitted after the birth)
- Copy of front page of passbook of savings accounts or current account (Krung Thai Bank, Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Co-operatives, or Government Savings Bank (can be submitted after notification of right [that is eligible to receive Child Support Grant])
Household Status Verification for a poor household or household at risk of poverty Verification of poor household status or household at risk of poverty status should be done by using Household Status Verification Form (DR02) and there shall be two verifiers as follows:
Verifier No. 1
- Bangkok: The Head of Community Development and Social Welfare Division of a district office, the Community Chairman, a Bangkok Public Health Volunteer (PHV), or a Social Development and Human Security Volunteer (DSV) shall be the verifier.
- Pattaya City: A Community Chairman or a Pattaya Public Health Volunteer shall be the verifier.
- Municipality or Sub-district Administrative Organization: A Social Development and Human Security Volunteer (DHV) or a Village Health Volunteer (VHV) shall be the verifier.
Verifier No. 2
- Bangkok: A District Director (or a person assigned by a District Director) or the Head of the Bangkok Shelter for Children and Families shall be the verifier.
- Pattaya City: The Permanent Secretary of Pattaya City or the assigned Deputy Permanent Secretary of Pattaya City shall be the verifier.
- Municipality or Sub-district Administrative Organization: Municipal Clerk, Chief Administrator of the Sub-district Administrative Organization, Sub-district Headman, Village Headman, Community Chairman, a person assigned by the Municipal Clerk/Chief Administrator, or the Head of the Shelter for Children and Families shall be the verifier.